As the weather continues to be wonderful here on the South Coast, we are looking for more innovative and interesting drinks to keep us cool. (Oh wow, that sounds like a line of copy from a magazine! Can’t tell whether I think that is good or bad.) Even my husband was looking around for something new last night, which is not his usual state of mind when it comes to food and drink.
I came up with 2 new drinks for us to enjoy this weekend. Along with a great deal of water, hopefully everyone is staying hydrated in the wonderful summer heat.
- 2 cups of frozen, mixed berries, (we have been freezing trays of berries every week and almost have a full shelf in our stand-up freezer)
- 1/4 cup each dried mulberries and goldenberries, (substitute other dried fruits, like raisins and cherries)
- 2 tablespoons goji berries, (these don’t really have a substitute, but can be left out)
- 1 cup of pomegranate juice, (or any of the pomegranate blends)
- 1 bottle red wine, (I had 1/2 bottle red + 1/2 bottle of rose opened, perfect use)
- 2 cups kombucha, (I used blueberry & maple made by “Rise”)
Make this in the morning, for evening enjoyment. The next day, it is even better. Because this recipe is lighter on alcohol than most sangria, I think it is better in hot weather. But, enjoy lemon ice water as well. I think you could increase the juice/kombucha ratio to make this a mocktail as well.
- 3 cups fresh pineapple
- small handful of fresh mint, (or less if mint is too much for you)
- juice of a lemon
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 cups of kombucha, (I used mint and chlorophyll made by “Rise”)
In the Blendtec, use the juice setting.